Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stuff and More Stuff

Wow, I wrote 1800 words tonight on The Novel, bringing it to almost 6000 total! I am pretty darn proud of myself. My method has so far been to just sort of write what wants to be written and I will piece it together later. I have a (loose) time line that's got some huge gaps in it, but that's all been since I started the first little piecemeal part. I still have several pages of handwritten notes that I could type up, but I am really just keeping those in mind as part of my end goal for this whole thing. I am interested to see where it all goes. So far I haven't had to reign in anything or make any huge changes from my original plan. The whole idea of writing a 75,000 word novel is pretty daunting, though. I feel like I can do it but at the same time I'm afraid that I will fall short, or that I'll tell the whole story in 20,000 words or something, and I want this to be a real novel, not just another long short story. I've got to create some kind of journey of sorts for my characters, but I'm not really sure how to do that yet. It's definitely a learning experience for me! I need to stop writing for tonight, since my domestic chores have fallen by the wayside and I have to get up at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow. Balancing writing with family and work sucks, but that is also a learning experience.

I was going to review a book tonight, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I am one sleepy lady with chores to do, and the husband will be home from work in an hour. I had planned to be in bed about an hour ago. Ah well.

For what it's worth, I have completely given up on TAW for now. Sad but true. I simply don't have it in me to do it right now, let alone 12 weeks of it. Maybe this summer I'll be able to devote more attention to it and actually get something out of it. For the moment, though, I just can't put in the necessary effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment