Friday, May 3, 2013

Ramblings, after a long absence.

I'm feeling rather like writing today, but with no particular goal in mind. I could work on the story I recently started reviving, but that's laying to sleep for a bit until more inspiration bites me in the ass. I could do some slush reading, but that's not writing, and therefore not what I'm in the mood to do.What I really want to do is find a sunny (dry) spot outside, and sit there, and write. Perhaps get a little sunburned, definitely get a little more freckle-covered.

I could work on a blog post about breastfeeding (for my other blog...) and I could give some thought to combining my three blogs into one. Or two. I don't really want to do that though. I could also start publishing my more essay-like posts over here in addition to the other blog. We'll see. I would like to keep this one as my creative endeavors blog, and keep it free of the detritus of day to day life.

I have found that getting adequate exercise helps my brain's creative side flourish a little more. There's something about running with music pounding in my ears that brings it about. I've been also using the Zombies,Run! app, which is lots of fun and I generate in-the-moment fan fiction in my head as I go, but don't bother to write it down when I get home. I should. It might at least be a good jumping off point. Maybe, now that my brain has purged a little of the bubbling-over words, I could focus my energies to work on my story.

I will leave you with a poem I wrote on my way home the other day (at a stoplight, lest you think I was texting while driving).

Traffic sucks
Stopping all the time
This is lame

No comments:

Post a Comment